Monday, March 31, 2008

Cm Dry Up Befor Period

language problems

It 's almost a week since we returned from holiday in Italy (about 10 days beautiful) and the routine work and' restarted relentlessly!

Below you can find a little anecdote that suggests that our brains are messed up from this life abroad with regard to the language!

The other day when I flew home on tube:

RIING Riiiiiiing (phone, calling me Mo):

Mo: Mo Hey hello, where are you?
I : I just passed Hampsted West ...
Mo : Ok, sorry you could do me a favor? Buy me nuts when you get home?
I : Sure no problem!
Mo ... maybe buy her dall'Apu [here there are lots of shops open 24 / 7 and mostly Indians, or the Iranians, that we have amicably nicknamed "APU", as that of Simpson] instead of going to Sainsbury [supermarket local].
I : you are going to get from the '... [Seduce me in front of us are Indians and 2 so I will not repeat APU seems nice, the allusion is' very clear and so I decide to say a word foreign, that stroke of genius!] ... Dall'indians! ! -.- '[Types in front of me I look a little crooked! Ops!]
Mo : ok hello hello
I : kisses ... in a moment.

I mean 'do you realize? For me at that moment to speak English was a way to prevent me from my neighbors sgam chair! Too bad that the first point I was not in Italy. Place a second, even if I was in Italy the word Indians would have understood that well + not! : D

What a head of cabbage that is!



I must admit that living abroad is not just goof up and the brain.
So many times I am wrong to handcuff a verb! The subjunctive is leaving me slowly! You do not use it, use the past and just ...
forgotten words along the way ... It happens very often to look for these words and have forgotten the corresponding English only!
The most 'beautiful English verbs are Italianised. Verbs that have no meaning or 'it for the English' to the Italians do not think for a few seconds maybe. Just me and Mo
understand them on the fly.


platform = binary (but very happy to call him Mo platform) =
interview interview (I never remember how to say in eng) =
application I can think of in Italian! How do you say when you "apply" for a job vacancy?
livendo = mixture of live and live (just today said on phone from Mo!)

and others who are not me but I'll try that 'maybe add below ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment